- An organizational structure is a mainly hierarchical concept of subordination of entities that collaborate and contribute to serve one common aim.
- arrangement of responsibilities, authorities and relationships between people
- To locate an observation within the hypercube, one has at least to know the value of each dimension at which the observation is located, so these values must be specified for each observation.
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- In French contexts an hôtel particulier is an urban “private house” of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hôtel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
hotel organizational structure – Designing Organizations:
In this book executives, managers, and consultants will find the concrete tools they need to select and implement an efficient design that creates superior and more competitive performance. In addition to analysing the four key forces shaping today’s organisations — buyer power, variety, change, and speed — this new edition addresses the concerns of new economy by expanding on the section on the Flexible Organization and includes a new section on organising around the customer. The book:
* Describes what leaders can do to effect the change process
* Addresses the concerns of new economy companies
* Contains rich examples from successful companies
Horn & Hardart Automat Cafeteria Building
The 3-story, limestone-clad Horn & Hardart Automat-Cafeteria Building at 2710-2714 Broadway , a distinctive small-scale commercial structure executed in the Art Deco style, is one of the best surviving examples of the popular chain restaurants that proliferated in the city during the first three decades of the 20th century. In 1927, the Horn & Hardart Co. became the leaseholder of this site. This building was constructed in 1930 to the design of F[rederick]. P[utnam]. Platt & Brother [Charles Carsten Platt], who executed numerous New York commissions for Horn & Hardart from about 1916 to 1932. By 1927, F.P. Platt & Bro. had developed a modern and functional design prototype for purpose-built Horn & Hardart automat-cafeteria buildings, with large windows, that assisted the restaurant chain in achieving a consistent commercial image. The Horn & Hardart Co., established in 1911, was the New York subsidiary of the Horn & Hardart Baking Co. of Philadelphia, which had been incorporated in 1898 by Joseph V. Horn and Frank A. Hardart, lunchroom proprietors since 1888. In 1902, Horn & Hardart opened its first waiterless Philadelphia restaurant, or "automat," in which customers could retrieve food directly from windows after depositing nickels in European-made equipment. The first New York automat opened in 1912, with American machinery, at 1557 Broadway in Times Square. Known for uniformly good food at low cost, automats became wildly popular and one of the city’s cherished democratic institutions, appealing to a wide clientele.
This automat-cafeteria building is made notable by its glazed polychrome Art Deco style terra-cotta ornament on the third story. Executed in hues of green, blue, tan, and gold luster by the Atlantic Terra Cotta Co., the terra cotta is located on sills, panels above the windows, stylized pilaster capitals, and the building’s terminating band. The highly sophisticated panels feature stylized floral motifs and zigzag patterns; the modeler of these panels has not been identified, but the work is strikingly similar to that of preeminent architectural sculptor Rene P. Chambellan. Horn & Hardart remained a tenant on the ground story and mezzanine here until 1953, and the mezzanine level was remodeled as a full story in 1955. There have been a wide variety of commercial and organizational tenants over the years. While the current ground-floor storefront covers historic elements, visible above this are the upper portion of the original central segmental arched opening and the top of the bronze entrance portal and decorative bronze spandrel.
Four lots at the southeast corner of Broadway and West 104th Street were assembled in 1885, 1901, and 1904 by George W. Walker. The combined property, built up with four structures, was leased to D[avid]. A. Schulte, Inc. in 1920. In December 1926, this property was sub-leased to the Broadway & 104th Street Realty Co., under Samuel Gershowitz, who, according to the #ew For^ T’wes, "apparently made a business of opening eating places and selling them," and had gangster-related connections.18 The Horn & Hardart Co. became the lessee a year later for $50,000. The #ew For^ T’wes in December 1927 announced that the firm would "upon the expiration of existing leases, erect a new building to house in part a branch automat cafeteria."19 George W. Walker’s will, probated in March 1930, left this property jointly to his sons, George L. Walker and Samuel B. Walker, and his daughter, Katherine V. Walker Born.
F.P. Platt & Bro. filed plans in April 1930 for a 2-story plus mezzanine automat-cafeteria and office building, measuring approximately 71 by 69 feet and expected to cost $105,000. Construction began at the end of May and was completed in just five months, in October 1930. T.J. Murphy Co. was the contractor. The Art Deco style design, executed chiefly in limestone, featured on the main Broadway facade: a polished granite veneer base, with decorative metal grilles; a central 1-1/2-story segmental arched opening having an entrance portal flanked by show windows on the ground story, a decorative bronze spandrel, and multi-pane windows with vertical mullions on the mezzanine level; a storefront at the north end of the ground story, and a storefront window and upstairs entrance at the south end, all flanked by fluted moldings; on the mezzanine level, a rectangular steel casement window above each storefront; and five multi-pane windows with terra-cotta sills on the second story, flanked by pilasters with stylized terra-cotta capitals, and capped by terra-cotta panels; and a terra-cotta band terminating the facade. The West 104th Street facade was similar, except that the ground story had central and western storefront windows and an eastern end entrance; and the mezzanine level had three central sets of paired rec
Peter Sheahan Presents at General Session Day 2
Peter Sheahan is recognized internationally as a leading business thinker and has advised executives and leaders for clients that include Google, Goldman Sachs, Hilton Hotels, Harley Davidson and GlaxoSmithKline. A native of Australia, Sheahan quickly progressed from a trainee accountant to general manager of a $10 million hotel business and has since established himself as a highly successful entrepreneur. In addition to his world-renowned thought leadership practice, Peter is also the founder and CEO of ChangeLabs where he applies his passion about creating behavioral change around social causes. ChangeLabs specializes in large-scale social change projects for clients such as Apple and IBM and developed and still delivers the largest face-to-face youth financial literacy program in the world. In 2003 Peter was named “Young Entrepreneur of the Year”.
hotel organizational structure
· Designing around the customer
· Organizing across borders
· Making a matrix work
· Solving the centralization—and decentralization dilemma
· Organizing for innovation